Ishibiki temple area in the southwest

Tomurosan Shinsh tani-ha Enshoji Temple

In 1504 (Eisho 1), Fujiwara Shigeyuki became a monk under the name of Josan, and established a temple named Enshoji. Fujiwara Shigeyuki had been hiding after he was defeated at the battle in Tomuro Shinbo village, so the honorific mountain name prefix of this temple, Tomuro, derives from the name of the place. It was relocated to the current place after the fire in 1650 (Keian 3).

googlemap エリア


to TOP