Top
Let's walk by visiting architectures in Kanazawa !
  • Japanese
  • English

Kenrokuen Central Walk Course

Ishikawa Prefectural Museum of History

Three brick buildings were sequentially constructed as army arsenals from the end of the Meiji Period (1868-1912) to early Taisho Period (1912-1926). After the withdrawal of the army, the buildings had been used by the Kanazawa College of Art. Then, it became the Ishikawa Prefectural Museum of History. It has been reused several times because its gorgeous, bold and fine brick structure has appealed to people in the past and present.
  • Address
    3-1 Dewa-machi, Kanazawa City
  • Hours
    9:00am - 5:00pm
  • Closed
    Around New Year's and irregular holidays (inventory periods)
  • Built
    Established as a museum in 1986 / Note: Three buildings were built in 1909, 1913 and 1914 respectively

Contact
(Kanazawa City Tourism Promotion Section)

(Weekday am9:00 - pm5:45)

  • ちょっと金沢まで。
  • MACHINORI

MACHINORI
Anyone can use it easily Rental Bicycle to share with everyone

Kanazawa Architecture Tourism

Kanazawa City Tourism Promotion Section
1-1-1 Hirosaka, Kanazawa City
Tel: 076-220-2194

Kanazawa City Tourism Association
1-1 Kinoshinbo-machi, Kanazawa City
Tel: 076-232-5555

Copyright © Kanazawa Architecture Tourism